What is IRS Form 8802?
Updated over a week ago

While Form 6166 is the official TRC used to show residency, the actual application for IRS Form 6166 is Form 8802, the “Application for United States Residency Certification.”

This form would be submitted to the IRS to obtain Form 6166. For any clients seeking to obtain this, doola can assist in the application process. Some of the requirements for application include that the applicant has filed an appropriate income tax return in the year of their request and did not file as a nonresident in the year of the request.

Did this answer your question?