What is the Form 7004?
Updated over a week ago

Most business types in the United States will extend their filing period by filing Form 7004 (Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File).

The extension form is due by the original due date for the return.

To file the extension, your company must have an estimate of how much it owes, if it owes, and send that amount to the IRS by the original due date.

The extension is to extend the filing of the return, not the payment.

Did this answer your question?