All Collections
How to Fix an EIN Typo
How to Fix an EIN Typo

Yikes, there's a typo in your EIN! See below for how to fix it ASAP.

Updated over a week ago

The IRS has people on their side manually creating your EIN and other docs and sometimes, they make mistakes! Luckily, we can help you work towards a solution.

We recommend that you call the IRS to get a 147C (i.e., EIN Verification) Letter.

As the LLC Owner, you're the only one who can request this letter. Here’s how to call the IRS and get a 147C Letter:

  • Call the IRS at 1-800-829-4933 (the “business and specialty tax line”).

  • Press Option 1 for English.

  • Press Option 1 for Employer Identification Numbers.

  • Press Option 3 for “If you already have an EIN, but you can’t remember it, etc.”

  • Tell the IRS agent that you have an LLC and need an EIN Verification Letter (147C).

  • The IRS agent will ask a few security questions to confirm you own your LLC.

  • Tell the IRS agent whether you’d like to receive the 147C Letter by mail or fax.

  • Fax is way faster, you can set up a free fax line at so you can receive the fax directly from the IRS!

Pro-Tip: Make sure you document all your interactions with the IRS in case you need to use them to move forward with other processes before the typo is resolved!

Did this answer your question?